- Adams, S. A. (2006). Does CACREP accreditation make a difference? A look at NCE results and answers. Journal of Professional Counseling, Research, Theory, & Practice, 34, 60-76.
- Boes, S. R., Snow, B. M., Hancock, M., & Chibbaro, J. (2010). The graduation rates of professional school counselors in north Atlantic states: Numbers of graduates from CACREP and non-CACREP programs. Journal of School Counseling, 1-14.
- Diambra, J. F., Gibbons, M. M., Cochran, J. L., Spurgeon, S., Jarnagin, W. L., Wynn, P. (2011). The symbiotic relationships of the counseling professions’ accrediting body, American Counseling Association, flagship journal, and national certification agency. The Professional Counselor: Research and Practice, 1, 82-91.
- Even, T. A. (2011). Differences between national accreditation standards and graduate ethics training pedagogy among licensed professional counselors (LPC) receiving board sanctions for ethics violations (Doctoral dissertation). Retrieved from ProQuest Dissertations and Theses. (UMI No. 3467957)
- Even, T. A., & Robinson, C. (2013). The impact of CACREP accreditation: A multiway frequency analysis of ethics violations and sanctions. Journal of Counseling & Development.
- Hancock, M. D., Boes, S. R., Snow, B. M., & Chibbaro, J. S. (2010). Professional school counseling in the rocky mountain region: Graduation rates of CACREP vs. non-CACREP accredited programs. Journal of School Counseling, 1-25.
- Milsom, A. & Akos, P. (2007). National certification: Evidence of a professional counselor? Professional School Counseling, 10, 346-351.