2016 CACREP Standards
- Introduction to the 2016 CACREP Standards
CACREP accreditation is both a process and a status, and denotes a commitment to program excellence. The 2016 CACREP Standards were written with the intention to simplify and clarify the accreditation requirements and to promote a unified counseling profession.
- Section 1, The Learning Environment
Standards pertaining to the institution, the academic unit, and program faculty and staff.
- Section 2, Professional Counseling Identity
Foundational standards and standards comprising the eight required core curriculum areas.
- Section 3, Professional Practice
Standards required for clinical practice, including practicum, internship, supervisor qualifications, and practicum and internship course loads.
- Section 4, Evaluation in the Program
Standards addressing evaluation of the program, assessment of students, and evaluation of faculty and site supervisors.
- Section 5-A, Entry-Level Specialty Areas, Addiction Counseling
Specialized content for addiction counseling programs.
- Section 5-B, Entry-Level Specialty Areas, Career Counseling
Specialized content for career counseling programs.
- Section 5-C, Entry-Level Specialty Areas, Clinical Mental Health Counseling
Specialized content for clinical mental health counseling programs.
- Section 5-D, Entry-Level Specialty Areas, Clinical Rehabilitation Counseling
Specialized content for clinical rehabilitation counseling programs.
- Section 5-E, Entry-Level Specialty Areas, College Counseling and Student Affairs
Specialized content for college counseling and student affairs programs.
- Section 5-F Entry-Level Specialty Areas, Marriage, Couple, and Family Counseling
Specialized content for marriage, couple, and family counseling programs.
- Section 5-G, Entry-Level Specialty Areas, School Counseling
Specialized content for school counseling programs.
- Section 6, Doctoral Standards for Counselor Education and Supervision
Standards for doctoral-level program requirements, including the specialized content for the doctoral-level core curriculum, and doctoral-level practicum and internship requirements.