In case you missed the CACREP sessions at the ACES Conference 2023
CACREP presented two sessions on Thursday October 12, 2023. Here are two highlights from the presentations:
CACREP Table Talk:
A handout with Announcements and Updates was provided and the following are some high points.
- CACREP Board openings for a five-year term beginning July 1, 2024 are for two Counselor Educators and one Public member. The deadline for application is November 3, 2023. Details can be found on the CACREP website. We are in need of counselor educators with School Counseling expertise.
- The CACREP 2024 Standards were released this summer. If you have any questions, please first check out the FAQs.
- 2024 CACREP Standards Guidance Document. To assist programs, understand the letter and spirit of the standards, a Guidance Document has been developed. The purpose of this Guidance Document is to assist programs when writing their Self-Study Report and any other reports or communication relative to the 2024 Standards during the accreditation cycle. For each standard, there is a brief explanation of what the standard is about, things to consider when responding, what documents are required (if any), examples of appropriate supporting documents, and relevant policies. This guide will serve as a resource for programs and reviewers at all levels – students, liaisons, desk reviewers, site reviewers, and Board to provide a common resource and understanding and to facilitate communication between programs and reviewers.
The Guidance Document has been released as a draft. It should still function as a useful resource for programs developing self-studies or otherwise seeking to better understand the 2024 CACREP Standards. Our plan is to finalize this document by the end of 2023. Please click here to provide feedback on the Guidance Document.
- Feedback received on or before November 15, 2023, will be considered when finalizing the document for initial release
- Feedback received after November 15, 2023, will be considered for future revisions
CACREP 2024 Standards: What’s Changed & What’s Preserved
For a high-level overview of the 2024 Standards, that was also presented before at a Chi Sigma Iota webinar, click here.